Countie(s) trail is located in: Clackamas <> Josephine
Trail Type(s): ATV/ORV/OHV <> Horseback/Equestrian <> Leashed Dogs Allowed <> Mountain Biking <> Rockhounding <> Snowboarding <> Snowshoe
Trail Measurement: 15.6 Miles
If you are at the trail and this trail needs the latitude and longitude please click the link below and add it to the Add/Edit Trail Form to give us the information. Click to view your current location on a map.
Boundary Trail #1207
The Boundary Trail is a 15.6 mile ridgeline trail that travels through high mountain meadows, offering the chance to see numerous species of wildflowers in the spring and early summer. Those who venture into this area will be afforded spectacular mountain top views between the Illinois, Klamath, and Applegate drainages. The trail runs north to south, and the southern portion of the trail travels east to west through the Red Buttes Wilderness.
Due to wilderness regulations, mountain bikes and motorized vehicles are prohibited on the Red Buttes Wilderness portions of the trail.
Extensive trail maintenance occured in 2016, making this trail fully passable for trail users!
Open Season: Spring – Fall
Restrictions: Wilderness regulations apply within Red Buttes Wilderness (southern portion of the trail).
- O’Brien, OR
- Cave Junction, OR
- Grants Pass, OR
Water: Not available. Surface water should be treated.
Information Center: Wild Rivers Ranger District
- Connecting trails: Mt. Elijah Trail #1206, Elk Creek Trail #1230, Lake Mountain/Bigelow Lake Trail #1214, O’Brien Creek Trail #900, Sturgis Fork Trail #903, Sucker Creek (Illinois) Trail #1237, Fehley Gulch Trail #1231, Tannen Lakes Trail #1243, Steve’s Fork Trail #905
- The trail is not designed for ATV, 4-wheel drive, and barrier-free
Day Hiking and Horse Riding
|Difficulty Level:||More to Most Difficult|
If you have information about this trail please fill out the Add/Edit Trail form.
- Compass Latitude: 445443N
- Compass Longitude: 1214641W
- Numeric Latitude: 44.912063
- Numeric Longitude: ‘-121.778129
- Elevation in Feet: 4,800 – 6,300
- Elevation in Meters: 1,463 – 1,920
- Trail Measurement: 15.6 Miles